My stamp collections - Australia


Way back grade school, I have been inclined to collect stamps, coins, stickers and knick knacks of all sorts. Probably my mom has a big influence on me. She loves to collect many things.

At first, I was not really inclined to it. My mom started introducing me to the hobby and would buy me most of the necessary stuffs. She had bought me a coin book to where I could place my coin collections, bought me a stamp book to where I could place all my stamps, bought me a sticker book to where I could store all my stickers in a neat, categorized and well organized manner. And as for my knick knacks? They were all a clutter and dust collector instead of beautifying the house. But as I grow older, the interest subsides. I do not even have a clue to where I place all of those collections. We have transferred from one house to another many times. I thought I have lost all of them. One sticker book was salvage by my cousin and she told me it was my collection. Those were my priceless possessions as a child before and I thought I would have some attachments to it yet I did not feel any. I was glad my cousin get to enjoy one my collections and treasured it the same way I did when I was of the same age as her.

I am now at my late 20's and I have recently relocated to Australia. Perhaps, old habits do not die so easily. I am delighted to admit that once awhile if I find some interesting stamps here in Australia and overseas. I find time to take pictures or scan it to serve as a remembrance. I do not have heaps of collections yet but one things for sure it will eventually grow. And best of all, thank goodness to the invention of digital images and internet I do not have to worry anymore of the storage of all my collections.

Hope you will find time to visit my site from time to time to see if my collections has grown. Enjoy!  

Stamps

Long Weekend
Long Weekend 1950s - 60c stamp


Long Weekend 1970s

Long Weekend 1980s - 60c stamp

Animals

Birds


Fishes

(start from left - right)
*Spotted Sweetlips
*Golden Damsel
*Regal Angelfish
*Clown Triggerfish
Saddle Butterflyfish

People


Dame Nellie Melba GBE (19 May 1861 – 23 February 1931), born Helen "Nellie" Porter Mitchell, was an Australian operatic soprano. She became one of the most famous singers of the late Victorian Era and the early 20th century. She was the first Australian to achieve international recognition as a classical musician. - en.wikipedia.org








NAVY

GALLERY

OTHERS



No comments:

Post a Comment