Iphone 4 White - Brand New (Australia)

The package that I thought I was going to wait for more than a week had arrived in five days time. I am so excited to open this box but have to control myself. I felt the need to document this unboxing as I considered this hard earned money and I want to lengthened the feeling of being able to own one.

iphone was bought in apple website australia.

package arrived - 31 May 2011



getting ready to open the box

Apple Box
What's Inside The Box?


if you will examine closely, you will noticed distinctive white even its internal



Time to insert my Telstra sim
Sim does not fit with the slot provided

I missed to read this part on apple website, I had no idea iphone 4 uses a micro sim instead of the normal sim. dArN! It is already night time, I wanted to go to Telstra store and inquire if they have a micro sim available.

1 June 2011

I went to Telstra store, I patiently waited for my queue for about 20 minutes.The staff at Telstra were fabulous and friendly. Showed their clients concern for waiting the queue. When it was my turn, a micro sim card has already been prepared yet unfortunately, I did not bring any identification such as ID, passport etc... So if you do not want  to experience what I have gone through make sure that you bring your ID with you.

Around 4:30 pm I went back to Telstra store. Handed my identification over to the staff at the counter and luckily there had been no one on queue. Answered a few personal datas such as birthday, home address, mobile number and others....

When all was done, I got my micro sim for free. Hurray! and I got to use my existing Telstra number and also got to keep my old sim. I thought I had two useful sim but it turns out that the normal sim had been deactivated, there had been no signal when I inserted the sim back to my old phone.

Anyways, what is important is that I already have a micro sim as I cannot in any way open the iphone without a micro sim.



 stressful phone....speaker does not work!

2 June 2011

Rang Apple Australia technical support today. Was made to do all sorts of standard restore procedure.....

Nothing seems to work! Last resort, have to ship the iphone back... it's gonna be another week of  waiting once again....Good thing, the problem has been detected early on as I could still avail of their 14 days return policy. Hope they are gonna give me a new unit instead of just repairing the unit I had received. :)

Some friends asked me  how much I paid for the freight to have the iphone returned or replaced ? I am happy to announced that I had not spent any cents as the courier nominated by Apple will be the one who will pick up the gadget from your address and they will be the one who will ship the gadget back to Apple.  

14 June 2011

I just got my phone and take note it is entirely new. The package has been sealed. Apple has been terrific, I have a brand new phone which is what I was exactly hoping for a new unit!                

No comments:

Post a Comment